The name “Clinton’s Ditch” originated as a slang term used to reference the Erie Canal that was commissioned by Governor Dewitt in 1917.
The cooperative was founded in 1968 by eighteen Upstate New York Pepsi-Cola Franchise bottlers and represented a $1,500,000 investment when it was dedicated. Buying filled product from “Cooperative allowed the original owners to benefit from lower prices through volume buying, in addition, it eliminated the need for each of them to invest their respective resources in bottling equipment and product inventory”.
Clinton’s Ditch, as it stands today, is a high volume producer of various types of carbonated soft drinks, seltzers, energy drinks and purified water. We are capable of filling these products in various sizes of aluminum beverage cans and variety of PET bottles sizes and packs.
In addition we maintain our trucking fleet and are capable of servicing the entire North Eastern United States. Our manufacturing and warehouse space has a footprint of 274,000 square feet.
Clinton’s Ditch Cooperative is currently owned by five members, four independently owned Pepsi bottlers located throughout New York State and Pepsi Beverages Company (PBC). These five cooperative members are our primary customers and we strive to satisfy their needs by providing them with outstanding service and high quality, low cost production for distribution.